PU CET BHMS - Punjab University Common Entrance Test for BHMS
Document Title: Punjab University Common Entrance Test for BHMS
The Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PU CET) for BHMS is an important examination that aspiring students undertake in order to secure admission into the Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) program at Punjab University. This document aims to provide an overview of the PU CET BHMS, including its eligibility criteria, application process, syllabus, and examination pattern.
To be eligible for the PU CET BHMS, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
1. Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
2. Educational Qualification: The candidate must have completed the 10+2 examination or equivalent from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
3. Minimum Marks: General category candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination, while reserved category candidates must have secured 40% aggregate marks.
The application process for PU CET BHMS typically involves the following steps:
1. Online Registration: Candidates need to visit the official website of Punjab University and create an account by providing their personal details and contact information.
2. Form Filling: After registration, candidates must fill out the application form with accurate information such as educational qualifications, category details, and preference of examination center.
3. Document Upload: Candidates are required to upload scanned copies of their recent passport-sized photograph and signature as per the specified guidelines.
4. Application Fee: Candidates must pay the application fee through the available online payment modes.
5. Admit Card: Once the application form is submitted successfully, candidates can download their admit cards from the official website.
The syllabus for PU CET BHMS covers various subjects, including:
1. Physics: Topics such as Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Optics, Electricity, and Magnetism.
2. Chemistry: Areas covering Organic, Inorganic, and Physical Chemistry.
3. Biology: The syllabus includes topics like Human Physiology, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology, and Ecology.
4. English: Comprehension passages, grammar, vocabulary, and writing skills.
The PU CET BHMS is a pen-and-paper based examination conducted offline. The key features of the examination pattern are as follows:
1. Duration: The examination is conducted for a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
2. Total Marks: The paper is divided into four sections, with a maximum of 120 marks.
3. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs): The question paper consists of multiple-choice questions, with each question carrying one mark.
4. Negative Marking: There is negative marking for incorrect answers, with 0.25 marks deducted for each wrong response.
The Punjab University Common Entrance Test for BHMS is a crucial examination for aspiring students seeking admission to the BHMS program at Punjab University. By understanding the eligibility criteria, application process, syllabus, and examination pattern, candidates can better prepare themselves for the PU CET BHMS and increase their chances of securing a seat in this prestigious program.