UPES MEET - University of Petroleum and Energy Studies M.Tech Engineering Entrance Exam
UPES MEET (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies M.Tech Engineering Entrance Exam)
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) conducts the M.Tech Engineering Entrance Exam (MEET) for aspiring candidates seeking admission to its M.Tech programs. MEET serves as a crucial gateway for individuals looking to pursue a career in the field of engineering. This document provides an overview of UPES MEET, including important details and guidelines for prospective candidates.
To be eligible for UPES MEET, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
1. Educational Qualification: Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field from a recognized university.
2. Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure a minimum aggregate score of 50% in their qualifying examination.
3. GATE Score: Alternatively, candidates with a valid GATE score are also eligible to apply.
Interested candidates can apply for UPES MEET by following these steps:
1. Online Registration: Visit the official website of UPES and complete the registration process by providing the required details.
2. Application Form: Fill in the application form with accurate personal and educational information.
3. Upload Documents: Upload scanned copies of all necessary documents, including educational certificates, photograph, and signature.
4. Application Fee: Pay the prescribed application fee through the available online payment modes.
5. Submission: Review the application form and submit it online before the specified deadline.
UPES MEET follows a well-defined exam pattern to assess candidates' aptitude and knowledge in engineering. The key details regarding the exam pattern are as follows:
1. Mode of Exam: The exam is conducted in online mode (Computer Based Test).
2. Duration: The total duration of the exam is 2 hours.
3. Types of Questions: The question paper consists of objective type questions.
4. Sections: The exam comprises multiple sections, including English Language Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, and Technical Aptitude.
5. Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries one mark, while there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Candidates who successfully complete the application process can download their admit cards from the official website. The admit card contains important information such as the candidate's name, roll number, exam center, and exam date. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the examination center on the day of the exam.
Result and Counseling:
After the completion of UPES MEET, the university declares the result on its official website. Candidates can check their result by entering their roll number and other required details. Qualified candidates are then invited for counseling sessions, where they can choose their preferred M.Tech specialization based on their ranks and availability of seats.
UPES MEET is a highly competitive entrance exam conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies for admission to its M.Tech programs. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and successfully clear the exam can secure their spot in one of the prestigious M.Tech courses offered by UPES. It is essential for aspiring candidates to thoroughly prepare for the exam and stay updated with the official notifications to ensure a smooth application process and successful admission.